Website Healing Abuse Working for Change
Healing Abuse Working for Change, Inc., creates social change by taking action against personal and societal patterns of violence and oppression. For the past 40 years, HAWC has provided free services and support to victims of domestic abuse on Massachusetts’ North Shore to help them make informed, independent decisions about their futures. More information is available at www.hawcdv.org.
This full-time, 40 hour/week position is responsible for triaging clients’ immediate needs and providing logistical support for HAWC’s daily operations. Responsibilities include management & distribution of supplies to clients; front line coverage of office phones and scheduling client appointments, and processing of financial documentation. Provides administrative and project support to Directors of Operations & Finance. This is a salaried position in the range of $30,000-$35,000 with considerations given to bilingual language skills and experience, and with a potential raise following a four month review. This position is based out of HAWC’s Salem office and is supervised by HAWC’s Director of Programs and Community Partnerships.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bilingual in Spanish & English/Bicultural Preferred
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to provide empathic support and maintain confidentiality and calm with individuals seeking services
- Basic accounting skills, experience with Quickbooks or the willingness to lean
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Commitment to promoting cultural humility and social justice values
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask
- Motivated and resourceful
- Complete HAWC’s 30-hour pre-service training for new staff and volunteers
- Able to flex hours to meet position responsibilities
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Front line coverage of incoming office calls and office reception, including responding to survivors of domestic violence, assessing their needs and connecting them to services
- Screens and schedules clients for appointments/intakes with HAWC services
- Process daily mail and scan invoices into Bill.com
- Collects receipts and other financial back up and enters data into Quickbooks
- Reconciliation of credit card account
- Supports Director of Finance & Director of Operations on various projects
- Supports staff attorneys with copying, mailing and data entry
- Collects, sorts and distributes mail and supplies to clients
- Collects, sorts and inventories donations and supplies
- Participates in coverage of HAWC’s 24/7 emergency hotline
- Attends regular supervision, team meetings and all staff meetings
- Ability to work in the office and remotely in compliance with Remote Work Policy, as public health requires
HAWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HAWC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity, familial status, disability, ancestry, age, marital status, public assistance status or genetic information. Survivors, people who are bilingual/bicultural, persons of color, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email cover letter and resume to Jillian Nebesar at JillianN@hawcdv.org with “Triage Coordinator” in the subject line or mail to HAWC Attn: Director of Programs, 27 Congress St. Ste. 204, Salem, MA 01970.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org